Sunday, October 20, 2013

NYC trunk show

The view from Kelli and Jim's apartment
Occasionally one is fortunate enough to meet the right person at the right time.  This past spring my makeup artist friend Joshua Grant and I were having drinks at Bemelman's Bar in the Carlyle when an attractive young couple sat down next to us.  The young woman saw my muffs sitting on the seat next to me and exclaimed how much she loved them.  We exchanged business cards and I waited to hear from her this fall.  True to her word, this young, beautiful woman emailed me regarding the purchase of a muff.  Her name is Kelli Shaughnessy and she is now my new friend and supporter in New York.
My hostess Kelli Shaughnessy
Jim Stanton and Killer
Kelli and her partner Jim Stanton organized a relaxing evening of fashion and food in their gorgeous New York City apartment.  It was a perfect evening combining fashion, food, fashionistas and a $30 million dollar view.
I met an interesting group of women but more importantly, I had the honor and privilege to befriend Kelli and Jim.  They are the warmest and kindest people who extended their hospitality to a stranger.  I am grateful for their friendship and the opportunity they provided for me in New York.  A toast to Kelli and Jim.

guests enjoying the food prepared by Kelli.
The always stunning Joshua Grant



No comments:

Post a Comment